If you’re a swimmer, kayaker, stand-up paddle boarder, boater—or someone who simply loves San Francisco Bay—you’re invited to be part of the 6th annual Bay Parade.
This event is a once-a-year chance to celebrate a San Francisco Bay that’s clean enough for recreation on and in the water. The Bay Parade is Sunday, August 11, with varied morning start times, depending how you choose to celebrate:
- Swim 6.5 miles, solo or in a relay team, along the San Francisco city shoreline, from the Golden Gate Bridge to McCovey Cove, or
- Kayak or stand-up paddle board 2 miles along the San Francisco waterfront, or
- Cruise aboard a beautiful yacht with lunch and wine served, or
- Volunteer with your motorboat, sailboat, or rowboat for swimmer support, or
- Volunteer on land and help put on the Bay Parade.
Costumes, noisemakers, and musical instruments are encouraged! Everyone will come together for the spectacular Bay Parade finale in McCovey Cove. We’ll raise a big banner showing our love for San Francisco Bay. And the finale will be broadcast on the ballpark Jumbotron at the start of the Giants’ home game.
The celebration continues on dry land at the Bay Parade party, with yummy refreshments and bottomless beer from Anchor Brewing.
Join this fun community celebration, and show your commitment to the beautiful Bay we all love so much. Event proceeds will support Baykeeper’s work to stop polluters and defend San Francisco Bay from the biggest threats. Find more information and sign up. Registration closes on August 4! See you on the water on August 11!